The purpose of this article is to explore the following;
- The Proposed Instructions register
- To describe the workflow for both Parties
Proposed Instructions Register
The Proposed Instructions register is an area within a NEC4 contract where all proposed instructions can be located, including those that have arisen from Contractor's proposals. It follows the same principal as all other registers in CEMAR - with draft events located at the top, void events at the bottom and all communicated events in numerical order in between.
A proposed instruction (PI) may be created by either:
- Party 1 (Client) instructing a proposed change through the expandable bar on the left side of the screen - thus instructing a quotation submission from Party 2 (Contractor).
- Additionally, an event may also be created through a Contractor's proposal if the proposal is being considered.
To navigate to the Proposed Instructions Register, first select 'Registers' via the expandable menu on the left side of the home screen.
Followed by selecting 'Proposed Instruction' - This will display all proposed instructions for this contract.
By selecting an individual event, this will open it up to show more details of that particular Proposed Instruction.
- You will be able to access any association, attachment or note included within the event selected.
The status of each event is located on the right side of the register. This will outline whether the event is currently in one of the following states;
- DRAFT - event has yet to be communicated
Draft PMI/CE created- event has been escalated to a CE
- Submitted - now awaiting quotation submission
Void- event voided (may be reinstated to edit and use)
The event status's coincide with the 'Latest Quotations Status' column within the register, which will be one of the following states;
Accepted- Quote accepted, consequently the event becomes a CE
- Not Accepted - Quotation not accepted and the event is closed, however, it can still be elevated to CE at a later date if necessary
- Revision Instructed - The Client has requested a revised quotation to be submitted
Creating a Proposed Instruction
Please note that only Party 1 (Client) may create a proposed instruction.
To create a new instruction, navigate to the expandable bar on the left side of the screen and select the 'Create New' option;
Following this action, select Proposed Instruction.
This will open up a new event form ready to edit - within this form there are 4 compulsory fields to complete before the event will be able to be progressed/communicated. These include;
- Potential CE type
- Date that the proposed instruction may be given
- Description of proposed instruction
- Once the event has been communicated it will be given a unique reference number.
- The corresponding reminder (quotation to be submitted) will then display with the Contractor's reminder page awaiting their attention.
- Once an instruction has been communicated, the option for the Client to 'Notify their intent to assess' will not be available unless first elevated to a PMI/CE.
Replying to a Proposed Instruction (submitting a quotation)
Please note that only Party 2 (Contractor) may submit a quotation against a proposed instruction.
When clicking onto the reminder, this will open up to the original proposed instruction details for the Contractor to review. The Contractor will then be able to submit a quotation by navigating to the quotations tab and selecting 'Add new quotation'.
This will open up a new event form ready to edit - within this form there are 2 compulsory fields to complete before the event will be able to be progressed/communicated. These are;
- A value for the quote
- If the instruction is believed to incur an impact on the Completion Date, this can be captured here also.
- Once the quotation has been submitted it will be given a unique reference number and sit within the original proposed instruction event.
- The relevant reminder shall then be visible within the Client's reminders page awaiting a reply.
- If the date by which the proposed instruction may be given has passed, no further quotations may be submitted.
Replying to submitted quotations
Please note that only Party 1 (Client) may reply to a quotation.
When clicking onto the reminder, this will open up to the details of the quotation, once reviewed the Client will then be able to respond within the 'Reply' tab by selecting one of the following options;
- Pending - Default (when a reply is waiting to be given)
- Instruct a revised quotation - this instructs a new quote to be submitted and allows you to select the required date. This also updates the date input within the original instruction and the register
- quotation is not accepted - quote not accepted and event is closed
- issue the instruction, notify compensation event and accept this quotation* - return to PI and select the 'Draft PMI/CE' button - enter quotations tab within new draft CE and accept quote - in turn accepting the PI and closing it
- If the quotation is accepted, resulting in a draft PMI/CE being created, the events will automatically be associated to one another.
1. A Proposed Instruction has been submitted, and therefore we've also given an instruction to submit a quotation. We've now determined that the reply period for this is not sufficient and we need to extend it, how can we do this?
The option to extend the reply for a quotation can be done by navigating to the event and selecting the quotation tab. At the bottom left of the form will be an option to 'Discuss this'. Please note, Party 2 Users may only discuss the extension, only Party 1 Users may change the actual reply period date.
2. I want to instruct a revised quotation but the only option I have is to accept?
Your assigned permissions may require to be updated to allow you to do this - please contact your Superuser or CEMAR support team to have your role/permissions reviewed.