This article will illustrate how to recover your password should you ever forget it.
How to Recover Your Password
1. If you ever forget your password, you can request a new one by clicking the 'Forgotten your password?' option on the main login screen:
2. You'll then be taken to a screen where you're asked to enter your Username. Once submitted, an email will be sent to the address associated with your account detailing instructions on how to reset your password.
3. At this stage you'll receive an email which contains a unique hyperlink which you will need to either open directly or copy and paste into your internet browsers address bar.
Please note that the full URL is hidden behind the hyperlink and if you're copying it into your browser, you'll need to choose the 'copy hyperlink' option.
When copied, it will look similar to this:
4. Once you've followed this link, you'll be asked to answer two of your three selected security questions (for more information on this please see our help article here)
5. When you've completed this step you'll then be asked to set a new password:
6. Once you've entered a password that meets the requirements and submitted the form, you can now begin using your new password to log into the system.
1. The link in my email doesn't work
Please note that password reset requests generate links which are temporarily valid and they will expire after 4 hours.
If you encounter this issue, you will need to request another link via the 'Forgotten your password?' button.
2. I keep getting an error message when trying to set my password
Please ensure that you're entering your Username and not your email address alongside your password.
You will also need to ensure that your password meets the following requirements:
- At least 8 characters long
- Contain upper and lower characters
- Contain 1 number
- Contain 1 symbol
If you forget your Username then please contact either your Superuser or CEMAR Support and they'll be able to provide you with the necessary credentials.