The purpose of this article is to explain the advantages of two factor authentication (2FA), where it can be applied and how to set it up.
What is Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is an additional layer of security which is used alongside your Username and password to gain access to your CEMAR account.
When enabled, this requires a 6-digit security code to be entered when logging into CEMAR. This is generated using an external authentication application via a mobile device (i.e. Google Authenticatior).
How to enable 2FA on your own profile
Navigate to My Profile in the home page.
In the Security tab, select the Activate check box
2FA can be deactivated following the same procedure and by deselecting the Activate check box
How to enable 2FA against a specific contract (Superusers Only)
- Navigate to Client Administrators Programme
- Select the relevant contract within the Contracts tab using the filters if necessary
- Select the Two Factor Authentication Active check box within the Basic Information tab
- All Users associated with this contract will be required to set up 2FA and use it each time they log into CEMAR
How to set up 2FA
- When logging in you will be presented with the setup wizard
- Scan the QR code using the authenticator app on your smart phone or select show manual key and type this code into the app
- The app will provide a 6 digit code, enter this into the required field
- New/additional devices can be added in the My Profile module
Logging in with 2FA
- After the initial set up of 2FA, there will be no QR to scan. Just enter the 6 digit code from the authenticator app
- If you are unable to locate the 6 digit code, select Don't have your authenticator app handy? to answer 2 of your security questions instead
Contact details for the Support Team
Should you require any further assistance please contact our Support Team either via phone or email -
DD: 01452 260266